Has created 12 new jobs
Fjordbyen Innkvartering has created 12 jobs. Ten new ones are in place.
When he opened the facility hotel for seasonal employees in agriculture this summer, he worked almost alone. Back then, the building and construction industry prepared the public holiday. There were two on the payroll in the construction hotel. Today counts 12.
– We had a good run-in this summer. We were able to streamline the operation of the kitchen, canteen and routines for cleaning, purchasing and everything that is needed. At the same time, work began on recruiting, says Ståle.
Team in place
Two months later, the company has hired ten new people. The crew is 12. They come from six different countries and are from 20 to 60 years old.
– Many have a background in the industry. They come with different experience, from different countries and with great variation in age. It gives us more input and impulses than we would otherwise get. It is a strength. It gives us several suggestions for solutions to various problems.
Fjordbyen Innkvartering recruited without advertising a single position.
– Networking has worked here. In addition, we have received several requests from people with a great desire to work. We have put in place a wonderful team that contributes to good living conditions for the guests.
– We have been well received by the building and construction industry. Now the occupancy is increasing from day to day, says Gundersen, who is approaching a situation where he has no rooms to offer.
Several large development projects are underway in Drammen. A new hospital is being built on the neighboring plot. There will also be a new business park for health and new construction of offices and homes. In addition, a new Vestfold railway, a new Drammen station and a new city bridge are being built as some of the projects that are closest in time.
– Our customers are on long contracts. We will be the commuter accommodation for employees on large building and construction projects in the area. Many of those who order now will build the new local hospital for Drammen. Others are on large projects at Liertoppen and elsewhere in the district. Many enter into contracts that run for several months, says Gundersen.